Chloe Grace Moretz of “Dark Shadows”– Who knew?!
Chloe Grace Moretz has been in numerous movies and TV shows since 2004, but when she got a lead role in 2010’s Kick-Ass, she became a household name. That angelic face paired with the word “cunt,” made everyone take a step back…and since then there isn’t a role we haven’t seen her in. That same year she did a very age appropriate film, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but gazing at her resume, she seems to be one of those child actors who rarely plays in light and kiddy films. On Friday she’ll shine among classic actors like Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer as an attitude stricken girl in Dark Shadows. Alongside the Tim Burton film, a more indie flick, Hick, opens as well. It’s a very grown up role for a 15 year old. With two movies this weekend we wanted to celebrate this talented youth with some interesting tidbits!
- Chloe initially recorded all the Penny parts in Bolt and then was replaced by Miley Cyrus. Chloe was left as only young Penny. Not cool Disney, not cool. What little girl sounds like a 40 year old smoker?
- She prefers being called Chloe Grace over a simple Chloe.
- Chloe spent time in a rehab to prepare for her role in Texas Killing Fields.
- She likes to rhyme with her cat…who is named Zoe.
- Chloe is designing her prom dress for the remake of Carrie, and will remain angst ridden teens’ dream girl as Emily the Strange.
- She is the fifth child of a nurse and plastic surgeon, and the baby sister to four brothers.