Jennifer Lawrence of “The Hunger Games” (Who Knew?)
Jennifer Lawrence has quickly become one of the hottest actresses in the world because of The Hunger Games. It’s not just because the series is huge, though. She has a good deal of talent to back up her good looks… AND SHE’S ONLY 21!
She was nominated for an Oscar (lead actress for Winter’s Bone) before she could legally drink. Let’s take a look at a few more interesting facts that you may not have known about this young star.
- She learned how to skin squirrels properly for Winter’s Bone.
- She rushed through high school (graduating in just two years) so she could start acting.
- She hasn’t won an Oscar (yet) but she did win the “Most Talkative” superlative in high school.
- She is considered one of the most beautiful women in the world by People Magazine, Maxim, and AskMen.
- She said that her role in Winter’s Bone was the “best female role [she'd] read – ever.”
- She likes to paint, knit sweaters and scarves, surf, and play guitar.
- She’s the second youngest actress to be nominated for a Lead Actress Oscar (second to Keisha Castle-Hughes who was 13 when she was nominated for her work in Whale Rider).